Thursday, August 22

Natio Flawless Foundation SPF15 Review






This review is gonna be a bit of a downer. I really wanted to love this foundation because I love Natio, but this foundation really disappointed me.





This is what Natio says about it on their website-

Instantly skin smoothing foundation combines full coverage, lightweight texture and lasting hydration with a velvety finish for a perfectly even complexion.


The only real positives I can find about this foundation is the fact that it is medium to full coverage, and that it contains an SPF.

Everything else about it is not great. The foundation itself is really thick, and any more than one light coat of this makes it cake to all-heavens. Even with one light coat, within a few hours it was settling into fine lines and was really oily looking (even though I have dryer skin).

The foundation also only comes in four shades, and the lightest shade 'light to medium' is almost too dark for my NW20 skin, so anyone with lighter skin than that is out of luck. Even so, I had to be really careful to blend it all the way down my neck as otherwise it left that awful mask-foundation look that isn't pretty.

I tried applying this with fingers, a damp sponge, and a buffing brush, and all gave pretty much the same result and ended up the same way after a few hours- oily and cakey looking.

To make matters worse, I broke out quite a bit after my first use, and while subsequent uses didn't break me out, they did clog my pores. This is very strange for me as no makeup product has ever made me break out.





The undertone of this foundation is also really strange. I noticed when I blended it onto my hand above outside in natural light it had a really strong pink undertone, however, when I applied it inside it looked almost orange undertoned when I blended it down onto my neck. Weird, right?

Natio also recently introduced another foundation that has medium coverage that my Mum bought and thinks is OK, so you might have better luck with that one. Unfortunately I really can't recommend this one :-(

Don't let this put you off trying out other Natio skin care and makeup though as they do have some quality products.



PRICE  $22.50 NZD, $17.95 AUD

AVAILABILITY  Farmers Stores in NZ, Priceline Stores in AUS

RATING  D-

post signature


Have you tried this foundation and made it work? Have you had any other disappointments with foundations recently? Let me know! :)



2 comments:

  1. I bought this on impulse buying so glad I did my skin is 53years @ dry but a little oily in smile creases,with a light dusting with powder it is the best foundation I have had the pleasure of wearing @ I've tried hundreds I absolutely love the coverage my lines are not accentuated @it lasts a whole 8hr shift at work with no touchups wish I had tried this foundation plot sooner!!Def's need to powder tho @the finish is flawless,setting spray seals the deal new holy grail have stopped looking for anything better

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought this on a whim so glad I did I have 53 yr old skin dry but a little oily in smile creases with a little powder @ setting spray it looks amazing,doesn't settle into lines @lasts a full 8hr shift without retouching Def's my holy grail foundation @ I've tried hundreds no need to keep looking this is definately the one for me

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...